Things I used to believe...

yeggim

Jul 2, 2010
Philly
We've all got some pretty strange and inconsistent advice from pool stores but what about things we came up with on our own before coming to this site?

• In my deepest despair, usually towards the end of the season, I would start to think that proper pool care was a black art like Voodoo. Sooner or later a chicken would have to die and I would have to learn how to spit rum out in a fine aerosol fashion. Of course that never happened. I wasn't adverse to frying up a fresh plucked chicken but I drew the line at spitting out perfectly good rum.

• I use to think that water clarity and/or cloudiness was akin to the Hindu caste system because most of the cloudiness was towards the bottom. So with true egalitarian righteousness I would leave the vacuum head on the bottom for days, providing a direct conduit to Nirvana (my filter) for those poor Untouchables. That didn't work and soon my thoughts would turn again to fried chicken.

Spending money on a good Test Kithttp://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html and understanding the CYA CHART might not be as romantic as Voodoo and freedom fighting but you can't argue with success. :) :lol:

Re: Thing I used to believe...

Wait... that's not how it works? I mean, I have been following the methods here, but I never stopped the sacrifices...

My neighbors are going to be mighty unhappy when they find out where all their birds have been going :?

Re: Thing I used to believe...

Donldson said:
Wait... that's not how it works? I mean, I have been following the methods here, but I never stopped the sacrifices...

My neighbors are going to be mighty unhappy when they find out where all their birds have been going :?
Nothing wrong with a little extra insurance. Like a St. Christophers medal on the dashboard. Oh wait--didn't he get demoted along with Pluto? Since I live close to the airport I still do a combination Voodoo/Druid ceremony to counteract the wild PH swings caused by jets flying overhead. Science can only go so far after all.

I used to believe owning a pool was only for the very rich. Who could afford to maintain a pool, after seeing what the pool guys went through at the local municipal pool, and the sports pool at the high school?

All pools HAD to be in ground, there was no way you could have anything hold water above ground.

As for the beverages, email me a few, please!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I used to believe since my pool never turned green, and never really seemed cloudy, it never had a problem.

I used to believe that the black stuff where the plaster had flaked was the concrete showing through.

I used to believe that throwing some goodly amount cal-hypo in once a week was good enough.

I still think my pool would benefit from an exorcist, or maybe just a good remodel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.