Ordered TF100 w/magnetic stirrer...tips???

Aug 4, 2013
Guyton, GA
OK, so I ordered the much discussed TF 100 w/magnetic stirrer. Wondering if anyone has tips or suggestions on using this test kit. Is there a recommended order of testing? Do I need to do all the tests that the kit comes with if I have a vinyl pool?

There is a laminated instruction card included that will walk you through all the tests.

You can preview that anytime at tftestkits.net

Yes. Do ALL the tests the first time through and post the results up here if you want suggestions. It'll give you an opportunity to familiarize your self with the testing procedures.

When first learning, of course doing all the tests will help you get a sense of what your pool does. It also helps you perfect your testing skills. After you feel you understand the process you can abbreviate which tests you do daily. As I learned how to test and when to test I made up the following chart (note: these are for my fiberglass pool, so your values may be different! But you get the idea) and when to test ideally- See if this is of any use to you if you wanna tweak it up to your own specs
[attachment=0:2xinxydo]Pool Test Record 2 copy.pdf[/attachment:2xinxydo]

With a vinyl pool CH is of relatively low importance, unless extremely high, still you should test it initially, and possibly every month or two there after if you have high CH fill water.

Ike

p.s. you will need a small screw driver to open the battery hatch on the speed stir

With regards to your magnetic stirrer, you'll actually WANT to test, not because you have to. I've tested random water samples just to use the stirrer. Increased reagent consumption will occur. You've been warned.

:whoot:

Yep, I find myself testing my neighbors' pools. I can give them quicker and much more accurate results than the pool store (and nobody is trying to sell them anything).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.