Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ordered TF100 w/magnetic stirrer...tips???

1. Back To Top    #1

Ordered TF100 w/magnetic stirrer...tips???

OK, so I ordered the much discussed TF 100 w/magnetic stirrer. Wondering if anyone has tips or suggestions on using this test kit. Is there a recommended order of testing? Do I need to do all the tests that the kit comes with if I have a vinyl pool?
    36K gallon IG vinyl; pool frog system; Sta-Rite Cristal-Flo II Sand Filter 70GPM; Sta-Rite 1HP Pump; Polaris 280 w/booster; build date June 2013; TF-100.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ordered TF100 w/magnetic stirrer...tips???

Hi,

I've also just gotten started testing with these more advanced test kits, and I found the posts at the link below to be very helpful on using the various tests...

extended-test-kit-directions-t25081.html
    11,000 Gal In Ground Pebble Tec, Sand Filter, 1hp Emerson Pump Motor, Small Waterfall Fountain, Phoenix, AZ area

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

There is a laminated instruction card included that will walk you through all the tests.

You can preview that anytime at tftestkits.net

Yes. Do ALL the tests the first time through and post the results up here if you want suggestions. It'll give you an opportunity to familiarize your self with the testing procedures.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

When first learning, of course doing all the tests will help you get a sense of what your pool does. It also helps you perfect your testing skills. After you feel you understand the process you can abbreviate which tests you do daily. As I learned how to test and when to test I made up the following chart (note: these are for my fiberglass pool, so your values may be different! But you get the idea) and when to test ideally- See if this is of any use to you if you wanna tweak it up to your own specs
    [attachment=0:2xinxydo]Pool Test Record 2 copy.pdf[/attachment:2xinxydo]
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

5. Back To Top    #5

With a vinyl pool CH is of relatively low importance, unless extremely high, still you should test it initially, and possibly every month or two there after if you have high CH fill water.

Ike

p.s. you will need a small screw driver to open the battery hatch on the speed stir
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

6. Back To Top    #6

With regards to your magnetic stirrer, you'll actually WANT to test, not because you have to. I've tested random water samples just to use the stirrer. Increased reagent consumption will occur. You've been warned.

Jorge - Tampa Bay

• Pool Configuration
      11,000 gallon Stonescapes Mini Carribean Blue
      MX8 Barracuda
      Hayward C1200 Cartridge Filter with a DISABLED 3" In-line Chlorinator
      3/4 hp Jacuzzi Pump
      TFT 100 Testing Kit w/ Speedstir
      Wall Whale Brush / Aqua Comb Filter Cleaner

7. Back To Top    #7

Alrighty then...can't wait to get started with a good kit. Thanks all.
    36K gallon IG vinyl; pool frog system; Sta-Rite Cristal-Flo II Sand Filter 70GPM; Sta-Rite 1HP Pump; Polaris 280 w/booster; build date June 2013; TF-100.

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Yep, I find myself testing my neighbors' pools. I can give them quicker and much more accurate results than the pool store (and nobody is trying to sell them anything).
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit