Label to CYA mixing bottle came off

It is a 50/50 mix. Fill your mixing bottle to the neck and pour it into a measuring cylinder to find the volume, divide the volume in half, pour the half volume into the mixing bottle and mark the level with a sharpie.

I'm guessing its more than 7ml. I tried that for both but it doesn't even fill the vial up. My CYA is on the lower end so I need more than that. I'm hoping it reads at least a 30 but the vial only filled to 50 and them I ran out. I wonder if I can poor it all back into mixing bottle and add more water and r-0013 to it instead of starting over.i hate to waste the chemicals.

Iwilk said:
I'm guessing its more than 7ml. I tried that for both but it doesn't even fill the vial up. My CYA is on the lower end so I need more than that. I'm hoping it reads at least a 30 but the vial only filled to 50 and them I ran out. I wonder if I can poor it all back into mixing bottle and add more water and r-0013 to it instead of starting over.i hate to waste the chemicals.

In my Taylor 2006 kit the mixing bottle shows 7ml for pool water and 14ml for chemical. There is still head space in the bottle for mixing/shaking.
With 14ml being plenty of finished product to get your CYA reading. If you're mixing more, then you're wasting product.

Hawk said:
Iwilk said:

In my Taylor 2006 kit the mixing bottle shows 7ml for pool water and 14ml for chemical. There is still head space in the bottle for mixing/shaking.
With 14ml being plenty of finished product to get your CYA reading. If you're mixing more, then you're wasting product.

The Taylor and TFT use the same reagents but different vials and mixers. The TFT test is larger and reads down to 20 instead of 30 and is easier to use and read, and, I assume, more accurate. I use the TFT CYA test instead of the one that came with my Taylor kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.