Problem, need help Please?

Aug 11, 2013
Virginia Beach, VA
background; I have a 10,000 gallon salt water pool with an Aqua Rite generator, R 1.4, I had the pool installed in 2006 and 3 yrs ago my Cell failed and made the "mistake" of calling the guys who put my pool in and they went and got me a Hayward Turbo Cell T-15 for the bargain price of $650.
Fast forward to present day: found out my T-15 failed 3 months after the warranty expired. so searching online I found a great price on a Hayward Turbo Cell T-3, which all indications showed it was a viable replacement. but after I got it I find it needed firmware of 1.5 or better, so Im back to the drawing board with a brand new cell that isn't compatible.
Question: can I upgrade my firmware? Do I have to buy a new motherboard? if so any suggestions...

Thanks in advance...I can be reached also at [email protected]
Jim

I don't know if you can update the firmware, but if I were you, I'd call hayward and explain the situation and see what they might do for you.

It's hindsight now, but I'd have called them about the other cell. A lot of times they will make a goodwill gesture on something that close to the warranty expiration.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.