Closing and packing Ultraframe AGP

Jun 13, 2012
Russellville, AR
I know we're only at the beginning of August, but I'm a school teacher, and I've already gone back to work.

My wife is concerned that I'm not going to have time to vacuum and maintain the pool once the students come back (which is probably true).

We decided to take the pool down this year, so I can do more work under the pool next spring, after that, we'll probably leave it up.

ANYWAY, I know I've seen steps and stuff about how to clean, care, and pack AGPs but I can't find them.

Can anybody share what I need to do, or share the right link?

Thanks

Others may have more tips or may know the link you are referring to. All we do is drain it then I use a shop vac and immersion pump (I think that is what it is called) to get out the stuff below the drains. Then we either leave it up for a day in the sun or use a leaf blower to get it all the way dry on the inside. Then disassemble and get the bottom dry. We have a through-wall skimmer we take out but I think others have left it in. Put the metal parts in one big trash can on wheels. Put the liner in another trash can on wheels and store in the garage. That's all we do.

Well, I do make sure the ph is within range and the FC is close to zero. That's it though. Nothing special gets done to the liner other than ensuring it is a dry as possible.

I also sprinkle baby powder all over our liner before folding it up to help absorb any left over moisture we may have missed and to prevent the vinyl from sticking. I'm not sure if it's absolutely necessary, but it worked well for us so that is how I will be taking it down again this year.

wozzukes said:
I also sprinkle baby powder all over our liner before folding it up to help absorb any left over moisture we may have missed and to prevent the vinyl from sticking. I'm not sure if it's absolutely necessary, but it worked well for us so that is how I will be taking it down again this year.

I remember reading something like this last year here on the these boards. Baby powder inside and out, or just the inside?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I sprinkled it everywhere that vinyl would be touching vinyl. I sprinkled the entire inside, then put the walls down, then as I folded each side over I would sprinkle some more on the outside. I probably went a bit overkill, but it's cheap and worth it to not have any sticking issues.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.