Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Closing and packing Ultraframe AGP

1. Back To Top    #1

Closing and packing Ultraframe AGP

I know we're only at the beginning of August, but I'm a school teacher, and I've already gone back to work.

My wife is concerned that I'm not going to have time to vacuum and maintain the pool once the students come back (which is probably true).

We decided to take the pool down this year, so I can do more work under the pool next spring, after that, we'll probably leave it up.

ANYWAY, I know I've seen steps and stuff about how to clean, care, and pack AGPs but I can't find them.

Can anybody share what I need to do, or share the right link?

Thanks
    16x48 Intex Ultraframe vinyl AGP, 2150 gph sand filter/pump (Intex SF70110), Hayward Skimmer, TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Closing and packing Ultraframe AGP

Others may have more tips or may know the link you are referring to. All we do is drain it then I use a shop vac and immersion pump (I think that is what it is called) to get out the stuff below the drains. Then we either leave it up for a day in the sun or use a leaf blower to get it all the way dry on the inside. Then disassemble and get the bottom dry. We have a through-wall skimmer we take out but I think others have left it in. Put the metal parts in one big trash can on wheels. Put the liner in another trash can on wheels and store in the garage. That's all we do.
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

3. Back To Top    #3

What do you do to the water prior to draining?

Also, you don't do anything else to the liner? No problems?
    16x48 Intex Ultraframe vinyl AGP, 2150 gph sand filter/pump (Intex SF70110), Hayward Skimmer, TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

What would you do to the water if your draining it? Before draining, give the pool inside a good scrubbing and then drain away. Get the last bit our with the shop vac, and then let it dry for a day or 2 before folding it all up.

5. Back To Top    #5

You shouldn't need to do anything to the water. Just make sure the liner is clean and dry before you fold it up.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Well, I do make sure the ph is within range and the FC is close to zero. That's it though. Nothing special gets done to the liner other than ensuring it is a dry as possible.
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by crek31
    ...Put the metal parts in one big trash can on wheels. Put the liner in another trash can on wheels and store in the garage. That's all we do.
    Great idea! I was looking at those very large and expensive Rubbermaid boxes at Home Depot. A trash can would be perfect for the long side posts, etc...

Thanks!
    18'x 52" Intex Ultra Frame AG pool
    7100 gallons
    1600 Intex sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    BBB method for four seasons
    Former 18' Easy Set owner

8. Back To Top    #8

I also sprinkle baby powder all over our liner before folding it up to help absorb any left over moisture we may have missed and to prevent the vinyl from sticking. I'm not sure if it's absolutely necessary, but it worked well for us so that is how I will be taking it down again this year.
    16'x48" Intex Ultra Frame Pool
    Intex 2650gph Sand Filter Pump
    Intex SWG

9. Back To Top    #9

I store mine in a clam shell cargo carrier.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by wozzukes
    I also sprinkle baby powder all over our liner before folding it up to help absorb any left over moisture we may have missed and to prevent the vinyl from sticking. I'm not sure if it's absolutely necessary, but it worked well for us so that is how I will be taking it down again this year.
    I remember reading something like this last year here on the these boards. Baby powder inside and out, or just the inside?

11. Back To Top    #11

I sprinkled it everywhere that vinyl would be touching vinyl. I sprinkled the entire inside, then put the walls down, then as I folded each side over I would sprinkle some more on the outside. I probably went a bit overkill, but it's cheap and worth it to not have any sticking issues.
    16'x48" Intex Ultra Frame Pool
    Intex 2650gph Sand Filter Pump
    Intex SWG