Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: oops I didn't bond anything.

1. Back To Top    #1

oops I didn't bond anything.

I buried an AGP 2ft and didn't bond it. Just stumbled on some of this stuff. So if I have been reading correctly I need to redig all the away around my pool drop a #8 wire (solid) and tie it into a few post on the way around.. Are you ******* me. I'm so sick of dirt this aint even funny.. Then I see the bonding screw on motor. ( I thaught it was a ground-NOT) And I just got my hard plumbing installed.. I love tinkering, but dirt is not tinkering.. lol
    13k - Martinique 15x30 52"
    Sta-Rite crystal flo 22" sand filter & 1.5 spl rated
    Gorilla pad / waveless wall foam / foam cove
    Buried 2ft TF-100, TFPC

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: oops I didn't bond anything.

Do I really need to bond ?? I have a GFCI plug. I was going to run an electric box out to the pump this winter, with a 12v box for my flood lights and stereo. I already have stereo and lights installed.. Love 12v
    Buried 2ft TF-100, TFPC

3. Back To Top    #3

If you want to stay within code you'll need to bond. BTW, the GFCI has nothing to do with bonding.

I've been relocating all my equipment and I feel like a woodchuck with all the trenching and dirt. I'm sick of it too.
    Anthony Pool, 35k gal plaster, DE (1.5hp Ultraflow), Rainbow 320, Dolphin Diagnostic 2001 (Advantage) & Polaris, Retrofitted Anthony mod #20 120v Niche light with Pentair 5G & adapter ring, 70's build / recoped and plastered 1.5 years ago

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, you absolutely need to bond. Maybe someone else with an AGP can comment...is there a way to bond the walls at the middle or top, rather than digging around the bottom? Seems like you shouldn't need to dig all that out again.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

5. Back To Top    #5

I was wondering if maybe just 6 inches or so would be ok, even if pool is 2ft..
    Buried 2ft TF-100, TFPC

6. Back To Top    #6

Six inches is fine. The Code does not specify how deep. Make sure you go all the way around and connect to the pool in four places as well as to your pump and anything else metal with in an arms length of the pool.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

7. Back To Top    #7

Thx for help. I will get to bonding asap. as long as i dont have to pick up shovel and just use pick axe, I'm a happy camper.. I will start shopping again. lol TFP is AWESOME.. off to hardeware store for wire
    Buried 2ft TF-100, TFPC

8. Back To Top    #8

Our code says any metal within 5' of the pool needs to be bonded. Better make my bbq 5'1".
    23.6x14 IG free form ~8K gallon, Pentair VS 3050 Intelliflo, GloBrite LED lighting w/IntelliBrite controller, Aztec Cobalt water tile. CLI Carolina Blue pebble finish, Bronze pool cage, 336 sqft Heliocol solar heating. Build Thread and landscaping Solar heating install