Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: drink table - Revised!

1. Back To Top    #1

drink table - Revised!

I read through some threads about various drink tables that hang on the side rails. The Intex one on Amazon is no longer available, and besides it was a bit small.

I spent a couple of hours making laps around Home Depot assembling various contraptions. I put one together with PCV and decided it looked just ok. Then I put one together using vinyl coated utility hooks screwed into a table top with a support rod going from the middle of the table to the side of the pool, capped with a rubber pole cap, like for a step ladder. After thinking about it for awhile, I decided that I would rather have something level with the top of the rail and easily moved for when I shuffle things around.

I ended up getting an 18" round pine table top ($4.88, lumber section). I wandered around looking for various ways to put legs on it in a way that required minimal carpentry. After looking at a couple of scenarios it dawned on me that I had an extra patio umbrella base sitting in the garage.

So I went to the plumbing section and picked up a 3/4 galvanized flange ($4) and a 48" x 3/4" galvanized male-threaded pipe ($12) (to match the 48" height of my pool) and some 1" outdoor wood screws. I stained the table top with leftovers of the same Behr fence stain/sealer I used on my cedar fence.

It came out alright. It's taller than I wanted because the bottom of the umbrella base is higher off the ground than I remembered. I'll live with it a bit and decide if I want to either go to 36" and have to reach over the edge or drag out my miter saw, put my metal blade on it and made a ton of noise cutting it.

I know, it looks crooked, but it isn't. It just looks that way in my pic.

Cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Intex UltraFrame 14'x48in - 3,900 gallons. Intex 1600 GPH combo Sand Filter/SWG Hard Plumbed w/Hayward skimmer, suction & return. Borates.
    And... 15k gallon kidney shaped gunite 1975 vintage. Hayward DE3620 filter + Hayward 750 pump.
    TF100 Test Kit | Pool School | Pool Math

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: drink table

I use three old painted cable spools myself.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Nice job. Looks great! Just needs a fruity drink on it
    24,000 20x42 double roman end in ground pool being built. Start date june13, 2012.
    Finished July 4th, 2012, sports pool, vinyl,SWG, DE filter, fountains. Heat pump,
    First Pool Ever!

4. Back To Top    #4

I discovered once it was set up that due to rust the weld between the shaft that holds the table leg (or umbrella rod) and the base is compromised. It caused it to rock a bit and I know it will eventually snap. The base is 5 years old, so i'm not surprised.

So back to Home Depot I went. I bought another disk like the top and stained/sealed it. I added soft/flexible feet and another galvanized flange.

Table 2.0!
    Intex UltraFrame 14'x48in - 3,900 gallons. Intex 1600 GPH combo Sand Filter/SWG Hard Plumbed w/Hayward skimmer, suction & return. Borates.
    And... 15k gallon kidney shaped gunite 1975 vintage. Hayward DE3620 filter + Hayward 750 pump.

5. Back To Top    #5

Re: drink table - Revised!

Table 2.1 - Enhancement Pack Vodka/Pom!

(for the benefit of momof5)

6. Back To Top    #6

I feel so inspired by the awesome projects I see on this forum!
    18' x 48" (42" water depth) Intex Metal Frame 6,700 Gallons
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.0 HP pump
    Hayward Pro Series S166T Sand Filter
    Original Intex Floating Skimmer

7. Back To Top    #7

Table 2.1
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

Actually I like version 2 better! If you decide to make more you will have a matched set!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!