Hayward 6060 booster pump - replace seal or bearings ... ?

Feb 4, 2008
Princeton, NJ
Hi Everyone,

we got 5 years of life out of our Hayward 6060 booster pump (running a phantom turbo cleaner). Lately the pump got loud and hot and soon trip the breaker (it has a separate breaker).

I wonder if the most likely case is a shot seal or blown bearings. I would prefer to attempt the replacement myself (with help from the experts here) but first I wanted to inquire what the likely cause is. I can't see evidence of a leak, but then I am not sure if the closed design of this pump would show a leak at all. I'd hate to replace the entire motor to avoid the cost and contributing to the landfill (plus, I like the challenge of fixing things).

Thanks!

Patrick

Re: Hayward 6060 booster pump - replace seal or bearings ...

Thanks! I wasn't able to find parts diagrams for this motor - what is a good place to find these bearings / what are the specs? OK, I'll also replace the seal at the same time ...

Thanks! I wasn't able to find parts diagrams for this motor - what is a good place to find these bearings / what are the specs? OK, I'll also replace the seal at the same time ...

Is it the 6203 type bearings? I saw them offered for Hayward motors but I am not sure if they are OK for the 6060 motor.

You might give these guys a call. If It's anything like around here, the industry exists, but shop owners look at you like you have 3 heads or something! :p
http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.com/index.html

I'm not sure if they carry bearings, but they do have a seal cross reference chart. Which your booster isn't listed on, but I'm sure they can help you if you call them with the info.

I recently replaced the seal in my 6060 booster pump with one from U.S. Seals. The part number is PS-200 and it works fine. I didn't have to do the bearings, so I can't help you there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.