Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Results of my first season using BBB

1. Back To Top    #1

Results of my first season using BBB

Why oh why did I not discover this website YEARS ago! Season after season of battling pucks, powders, refills, and pool store products, I finally made the decision with the knowledge I gained here to take total control of my pool. How liberating and satisfying it is now to walk into the backyard and find this instead of a cloudy, almost clear pool! I am beginning to teach my father in law the lessons I learned here in order for him to manage his pool. Paying it forward I guess. Here's my family's modest little oasis in the hot south Louisiana summer. Thanks TFP and BBB

18 X 36, 29 K gallon, Sand Filter, Inground Vinyl Lined, 3/4 HP pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Results of my first season using BBB

I'd swim in it!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

It would look better with some bikini babes in the pictures. But it passes my pool snob appraisal. I'd swim in it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Looks great.
    23,000 gal IG Plaster 1989
    Purex Triton FNS Plus DE Filter Model FSNP 60
    1 Hp pump, Polaris 380 w/booster pump
    700 Gal Spa
    Laars Lite Heater T-F 100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Crystal Clear... looks gorgeous! Our install begins tomorrow. Hubs and I are committed to using the BBB method, too, no matter what kind of flack we get from our other friends who own pools. We're hoping we can convert a few, if not all of them to the BBB way.
    Laurie in Rowlett, TX (Dallas area)
    16' X 24' AG Doughboy Autumn Breeze w/Madrid liner | Majestic 8000 Blue Wedding Cake Steps
    Pentair Clean & Clear 150 Cartridge Filter | Pentair OptiFlo 1.5 hp pump
    TF-100 Test Kit | BBB is the only way for us!
    3' Buried install by Mendez Pool and Deck (They did a fabulous job!)

6. Back To Top    #6

Congrats !! That looks awesome.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

7. Back To Top    #7

SJS101:

Pool looks absolutely fabulous Your experience mirrors mine after the first year of BBB.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

8. Back To Top    #8

DO NOT SWIM IN THAT POOL!!!!!!
    Fill it in and send me that slide!!!!

OK, just kidding. Actually, that looks like a wonderful pool, I am getting very sad it's not in my back yard!!

I do agree that a few pool babes would have REALLY made me green with envy. I also have completed my first year of strictly BBB to and have the best pool ever in the three years I have had these Intex AGPs. I used salt before and just didn't have the clarity that I have with plain old bleach.

Seriously, nice job on the pool. Amazing how simple and rewarding it is.....

Bob E.

9. Back To Top    #9

Thank you all for the kind words. The pleasure is seeing the enjoyment on my wife's and children's faces as they swim and play in it. It's great to show off my pool now instead making excuses for it's less than crystal clear appearance.
    18 X 36, 29 K gallon, Sand Filter, Inground Vinyl Lined, 3/4 HP pump

10. Back To Top    #10

I keep looking for the like button and then I realize that is facebook. Very nice.

11. Back To Top    #11

This is my first time with bbb also, and it has been so easy. When I first began to read pool school I was feeling a little nervous, not sure that I could do it, but I did and it is working beautifully! I shudder when I think of the old days when it was time to open the green monster for the summer, hopefully I will never have to face that again!
    23K, vinyl, above ground, 2hp-2 speed, sand filter