Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua Rite T-Cell -9/Is it time for replacement?

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua Rite T-Cell -9/Is it time for replacement?

Marrerotwister here from New Orleans, La. WHO DAT! First time posting a question.

I have an inground pool, 15,500 gal. salt water with a Aqua Rite Chlorine Generator; My Chlorine Generator unit and cell t-9 is 3 years old and out of warranty approximately 18 days. The unit was self installed and worked wonderful for the 3 years; so I guess I did pretty good.

Recently I began to have algae blooms; The first time I did not have the water chemistry right, the second time, I began to suspect my t-9 cell was not properly operating or dead.
    I just drained the pool due to a leaky fittin in my hot tub, so now I had to start fresh.
    New water, 10 bags of salt, some conditioner...etc.etc.
    For two days now my numbers on the unit has been as follows:
    2600 ppm
    90 degrees
    Voltage varies 10-18 +
    ampage is 0 and remains zero

The fuse on the main unit is good. The cell is clean as well.
    Can I replace the t-9 cell with confidence that there isn't something wrong with the main box?
    One other note, All LED's seem to work, however when the unit kicks on, the LED's on Power and generating on stays on for about 15 seconds and then goes out. The ampage reading zero is most concerning to me.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Aqua Rite T-Cell -9/Is it time for replacement?

Welcome to TFP!
    Sorry it took so long to get you a response...usually we're faster around here. What is the percentage setting on the unit? Try moving it to "superchlorinate" or whatever it's called (slide the switch up) and see what the readings are then. No bad lights I assume (hi/low salt, flow, check cell, etc).

Your unit should work at 2600 ppm, but if it's giving you a low salt reading, just add a little more till it's happy again.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden