Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can't get T-15 Cell Loose...

1. Back To Top    #1

Can't get T-15 Cell Loose...

I went to remove my T-15 cell for its periodic cleaning/descaling and I cannot get one end loose. I even got some large channel locks to try and get it loose, no luck.

Any ideas on how to get this loose short of cutting the section off and re-plumbing?
    South Florida. 20,000 gallons; 16x35 rectangular gunite; Pentair Intelliflo VF Variable Speed Pump; Hayward cartridge; Aqua Rite SWG. Dolphin Oasis Z5 Robotic Pool Cleaner; Kopec 540sc Electric Heat pump pool heater; Pool built in Spring 2004.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can't get T-15 Cell Loose...

A strap wrench might do it. You can create a make do model with an old belt and your pliers. You can also try tapping with a hammer around the union nut.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. After getting one end loose, I was able to use large channel locks and get it loose. I made sure it was hand tightened this time...lol
    South Florida. 20,000 gallons; 16x35 rectangular gunite; Pentair Intelliflo VF Variable Speed Pump; Hayward cartridge; Aqua Rite SWG. Dolphin Oasis Z5 Robotic Pool Cleaner; Kopec 540sc Electric Heat pump pool heater; Pool built in Spring 2004.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Now, that your cell is off, can you hook up a pipe from where you cell was and attach it to that dedicated suction line? That would convert the suction line into a temporary pressure line and should blow out any clogs that exist.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    Now, that your cell is off, can you hook up a pipe from where you cell was and attach it to that dedicated suction line? That would convert the suction line into a temporary pressure line and should blow out any clogs that exist.
    That's probably a good idea, but not something I can do easily.

6. Back To Top    #6

You can get a drain king at a hardware store and use that to try and blow out anything that's in there. It goes on the end of your hose and uses the hose pressure to seal itself in the pipe. This kind of thing:
    http://www.gtwaterproducts.com/drain.html
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden