magnet/steel inside/outside liner to hold something in place

Jun 4, 2013
B.A. Okla.
I have 2 tubes a 1.5" id corrugated and a 0.75" id rubber going over the rail of my summer escapes pool for my dedicated pump solar heat l just set up. (Want new 16x32 intex next year, didn't want to cut liner of this perfectly good one, didn't want to tap into filter pump swg system). The tubes just kinda hang out into the water. I was thinking, what if I zip-tied some kind of strong magnet to the tubes to make them stick to the steel uprights through the liner?

Would a few hard drive little neodymium magnets do it you think? I can pull those from 4 or 5 drives. Something bigger for cheap shipped from the internet that's not as ghetto as cracking some magnets off the back of bad speakers?

Re: magnet/steel inside/outside liner to hold something in p

Magnets would work, Intex actually does use this idea for a couple of their pool lights. It might be a good idea to spray some paint of clear coat on the magnets, especially if they have a steel backer on them.

I'm not the only one that has done something like this:

That is how I'm using my old 1000 gph that came with the pool to send water through my heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.