Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HELP! Pool location!

1. Back To Top    #1

HELP! Pool location!

Ugh!!! These codes and zoning is driving me crazy. I have nothing in the zoning that says how close or far away the pool has to be from your house (or any structure). So, MY QUESTION is how close have some of you gone to your house? Anyone within 1-2 feet? Hoping my hopes of a pool are not about to stop.
    MermaidMama

18' Round x 52" Doughboy AGP ~ TF-100 Test Kit
    Powerline XP Pump 1.5 HP ~ AquaView 20" Sand Filter ~

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: HELP! Pool location!

What type of pool are you considering? That alone makes a huge difference. In ground of above ground?
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm 3 feet away from a 1-1/2 story house with a full basement.
    18'x4' AG Intex Ultra Frame, 6,700 gal., assembled new 2013; Mods: Hayward EC50C90 Perflex filter & 1 h.p. PowerFlo Matrix pump, Fiber Clear cellulose D.E. substitute, Hayward H100ID1 100,000 BTU NG heater, a pair of 2'x20' Sungrabber solar heaters via the original Intex 635T pump, grey Hydro Tools through-the-wall skimmer, Confer steps/ladder system & Cover Free chemical pool cover. The Summer of Mods!

4. Back To Top    #4

I think that if you called your code compliance office for your municipality, they would be more than happy to provide you with the information that you seek.

5. Back To Top    #5

It's an AGP. I'm between oval and round now, was set on round but now it's probably gonna be oval.

There is no code on how close it can be to the house, so I could do whatever I want.

Thanks!!!
    MermaidMama

18' Round x 52" Doughboy AGP ~ TF-100 Test Kit
    Powerline XP Pump 1.5 HP ~ AquaView 20" Sand Filter ~

6. Back To Top    #6

You can use a water hose or a bag of flour to mark out where you want to set the pool to see if you have enough space for the size pool you want. Measure out a space 1 foot larger all the way around than the pool you want. Try and keep at least 4 feet away from any structure that would restrict access to the pool. Also think about where your pump and filter should go. You want a location with easy access to electrical supply, room to clean the filter, and in an aesthetically pleasing area if possible. You also want your skimmer to be downwind of the prevailing winds in your area. For example, if the winds blow east to west most of the time, you want the skimmer on the west side so most of the debris is blown toward it.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

You need at least walking room around it for sure, but the farther the better. If you have a major leak, the last thing you need is the water coming in into the basement.