Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: measured amounts of chemicals

1. Back To Top    #1

measured amounts of chemicals

When following the recommended dosage of pool chemicals at the pool calculator, are the amounts stated per all the gallons in the pool or per 1000 gallons? Example: it says I need .3oz of baking soda by weight. My pool is 15,200 gallons. Does that mean .3 oz for the whole 15,300 gallons? or .3oz for every 1000 gallons? Thank you for your help.
    I have a 24' round above ground pool.
    24' round above ground pool. 15,200 gallons. Hayward Pro Series sand filter and Hayward 1hp Powerflow Matrix pump. Upstate New York

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: measured amounts of chemicals

The recommendations are the total dose needed as per the total volume you entered. So, yes .3 oz for the whole 15300 gallons. If you entered the volume as "15,300" and not "15300" it will not read the volume correctly.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks, I did enter as 15,200. I just received the T-100 test kit and I love it. I will renter my info, thanks again.
    24' round above ground pool. 15,200 gallons. Hayward Pro Series sand filter and Hayward 1hp Powerflow Matrix pump. Upstate New York

4. Back To Top    #4

O.K. I don't mind asking stupid questions to make sure I'm on the right path. I need to ad 41 oz. of MA. Is that 41 fluid oz.?

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes. Liquid chemicals are always reported in fluid oz, solid chemicals are reported in weight oz.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School