Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How long and what time of day to run my pump for the SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

How long and what time of day to run my pump for the SWG

OK guys, really try to start to learn this stuff. In my profile I list all my equipment, which as I can tell it is oversized.

I am trying to figure out for how long on low I would run this pump and at what time of day. I don't know why I just never thought I would be running my pump only for a couple of hours a day and it being off the rest of the time.

So since I didn't have my brain in the right thinking, I need help to come up with a better way to think. So do I need to run it in the day light hours since it gets full sun form about 9 am to sunset. I hear the sun really eats the chlorine, so would it be best to keep making the chlorine at mid day, or run it at night?

With my pump on low, if I am reading my chart right, I would turn over my pool about every 2 hours.

Appreciate the advice.
    Pool: IG, 8'W x20'L x5' deep, 6000 gallons, Stonescapes Blue Tropics Mini-Pebble gunite pool
    Equipment: Hayward SwimClear 3030 cartridge filter, SP32102EE Tristar 1 HP 2-speed pump,
    Universal H-Series Low NOx H400FDN (400K BTU) heater, SWG = Hayward Aqua
    Rite with Turbo Cell 9, and a Navigator XL cleaner
    Ground break 7/12/2013 Filled 8/6/2013

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How long and what time of day to run my pump for the SWG

This article should answer all your questions: pool-school/pump_run_time

If not, post back.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Turning over your pool is not the same thing as the sun eating up your FC. Got a timer?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Ok, so reading the pool school one and the manuals, it says the SWG will ramp up depending on how long I run my pump. So guess I will try the 8 hour on low speed first.
    Pool: IG, 8'W x20'L x5' deep, 6000 gallons, Stonescapes Blue Tropics Mini-Pebble gunite pool
    Equipment: Hayward SwimClear 3030 cartridge filter, SP32102EE Tristar 1 HP 2-speed pump,
    Universal H-Series Low NOx H400FDN (400K BTU) heater, SWG = Hayward Aqua
    Rite with Turbo Cell 9, and a Navigator XL cleaner
    Ground break 7/12/2013 Filled 8/6/2013