Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Grooves and Markes from Cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Grooves and Markes from Cover

Last winter (my first winter) the springs from my winter cover wore the paint off my cove molding that goes around the pool. So what I had in the spring was a groove by most of the spring that worked through the paint down to the bare metal. I want to keep that from happening this winter. Any suggestions? Some have suggested that it was partly due to the cover springs not being tight enough. As a side note, we get an EXTREME amount of wind.
    23,200 gallon in ground pool, Vinyl Liner, Salt Water, Variable Speed Pump Intelliflow 3hp/1.32SF/3.96 SFHP, Filter Pentair FNS PLus DE FNSP36, Heater Pentair Mastertemp 250, SWG Jandy APURE35PLG, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Grooves and Markes from Cover

This happens you didn't do anything wrong.Loop loc makes under cover padding (you can also use carpet remants) Also (I didn't know this existed until I just looked) loop loc sells Coping Protector Cover
    Used to prevent marring on aluminum and bull nose coping. http://www.looploc.com/images/products/281.jpg

95% of people just ignore the damage.
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you very much.
    23,200 gallon in ground pool, Vinyl Liner, Salt Water, Variable Speed Pump Intelliflow 3hp/1.32SF/3.96 SFHP, Filter Pentair FNS PLus DE FNSP36, Heater Pentair Mastertemp 250, SWG Jandy APURE35PLG, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Just received the Loop Loc covers in the mail. It appears as though they will be pretty effective but we'll have to wait until spring to know for sure. Thanks for your help.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

no problem
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp