No Chlorine ever??

Jul 6, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I add chlorine/bleach almost daily but every time I test it none registers. I use the colored test strips and if I get nothing with that I use the aquachem liquid test kit that test CL/BR/PH. The PH always comes back normal 7.6 But the CL is at 0. The water looks amazing considering where I was a month ago fighting well water. I tried using the 1" Chlorine tabs in the skimmer to keep the levels up and consistent but it turned the water cloudy. Right now I am adding 3 cups of 8.25% bleach 4-5 times a week in the early morning, the pool also sits out in the sun, should I cover it when not in use which is most of the day the kids don't swim til after 5pm when the sun goes away.

My first suggestion would be to get at least a TF-50 from www.tftestkits.net and a TF-100 would be better. Living in Raleigh, Dave would probably meet you with it at a local Mickey D's for a couple of bisquits. :)

Then we would have good results to go by. I know it looks like a lot of money for the test kit, but you'll ba amazed how easy it makes maintaining your pool once you have it. It will also last two or three years if you store it correctly.

Now to the problem. I suspect you either have a nascent algae bloom that you're just keeping ahead of, or you have very low CYA and the FC is getting used up very quickly. Either way we need a good test result for the CYA you have in the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.