M5 Advice

Jun 17, 2013
I'm new to the world of pool ownership, and I really want to replace the anemic Polaris that came with the house we bought. I've just about decided to pony up the $$ for the M5, but I was hoping to get some feedback and/or advice about what to get and where to get it.

The dolphin site http://www.dolphinpoolrobot.com/res...s/classes-comparison/product-comparison-chart is rather uninformative which I find odd since you'd think the average customer does some serious research before investing in a robot.

Question 1: Like others have said, the private labels make it difficult to choose the right model. The link above lists two M5 models: the Supreme and Master. Is there just a plain M5? Is there a private labeled model that might be a better option than the Supreme?

Question 2: Does it matter where I buy it? Besides price, is service a consideration or does Maytronics do the servicing regardless of the reseller? And speaking of price, is there a reseller that's known for lower prices? Google turns up $1400 as the best I've found (poolproducts4less.com).

And last: is there any reason not to go for the M5? I do wonder a lot when I read about the direct drive system causing motors to fail. Am I looking at replacing this thing after the warranty runs out?

Thanks in advance!

A direct quote from the Dolphin Brochure: "The Dolphin Supreme line is manufactured for sale by professional pool and spa retailers. They
are not intended for sale online. No Dolphin warranty coverage will be provided for Supreme
units purchased over the internet."

Lots of good info in this thread: dolphin-premier-t46196.html

Thanks, mpnret. I had read that specific thread and it had some impact on my decision. I had also heard about the no warranty thing when purchasing some Dolphin products on the internet but didn't know that it applied to the Supreme line. That is **very** useful information, thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.