New pool full of water, now no power to run pump. Any help?

cword

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 26, 2008
My pool was plastered on Thursday. It finished filling last night. I need to start my circulation and get my water chemistry adjusted. Problem is the electrician did not show back up yesterday. He was here on Wed and ran the wires out to the equipment pad and said to give him a call as soon as they were set up and it would take him 20 minutes to hook up the power. I called, and called, and called. No answer. He never showed or called back. My husband called the owner of the company this morning and he said that guy is off for the weekend. He is trying to get someone else to come out and get power to the pumps. My question is....... Is this causing damage to my new plaster (ph is at least 8.2, looks even darker) and is there anything I can do without circulation or do I just wait until the pump is up and going? We did not wait until the last minute on this. We had this company lined up a month ago; the timing is their doing, not ours. Any comments or advice? Thank you so much.

No, my pump does not have a plug, but YES I do have a sump pump. I can go do that right now. Do you think I could go ahead and start adjusting my ph with this going? Thanks so much!

Yep I ran mine without any issues. I wouldn't run it for 24 hours or anything though just a few hours at a time. I had an issue with my electrical line being hit during a dig for my new heater.

I was in the middle of chlorinating my pool so we used the sump pump to get us through the weekend. Good luck :-D

cword said:
My pool was plastered on Thursday. It finished filling last night. I need to start my circulation and get my water chemistry adjusted. Problem is the electrician did not show back up yesterday. He was here on Wed and ran the wires out to the equipment pad and said to give him a call as soon as they were set up and it would take him 20 minutes to hook up the power. I called, and called, and called. No answer. He never showed or called back. My husband called the owner of the company this morning and he said that guy is off for the weekend. He is trying to get someone else to come out and get power to the pumps. My question is....... Is this causing damage to my new plaster (ph is at least 8.2, looks even darker) and is there anything I can do without circulation or do I just wait until the pump is up and going? We did not wait until the last minute on this. We had this company lined up a month ago; the timing is their doing, not ours. Any comments or advice? Thank you so much.

My advice is to stay on this company until they get someone out there to get the equipment going. A newly plastered pool will usually have plaster dust in it that you need to get out. Without the equipment going you can't go that. If you haven't been given advice on how to "startup" a new plaster pool, do a search so you'll know what needs doing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.