Number of actuators needed

Hayward equipment.

Aqua Plus automation controller.
    Hayward HeatPro heater.
    Hayward SuperPump VS
    3 deck jets.
    Colorlogic LED light
    Colorlogic LED Communications Module

What is the optimum number of valves and actuators needed to run the heater and deck jets through the automation controller?

A 3 way valve with an actuator on the return that splits the normal returns and the deck jets into an and/or return?

A 3 way valve before the heater that either routes water through the heater or routes water around the heater.

The controller board says it is capable of controlling 3 actuators but I think I can do what I am wanting to do with just 2?
    19600 gallon 18x36 IG vinyl liner over full length steel steps. 4'x8' sun ledge. Sport bottom 3.5-6.5'.
    Hayward equipment including SP2600 VSP, Pro Logic, T-15, S210S sand filter, 140k Heat Pump and Colorlogic light.
    Under track auto cover.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Number of actuators needed

It is not typical to put a valve controlling the flow through the heater. Usually you leave the water running through the heater at all times. You could do that if you like, although off the top of my head I can not think how you would set that valve to turn before the heater is turned on.

I think you only need the 1 actuator for the deck jets.

Also, you need to realize that valve 1 & 2 are slaved together so they both move at the same time (this is for a pool/spa suction and return valve). You can get them to move independantly, but then they move with 2 of the AUX high voltage relay inputs.

My P4 is identical to what you are installing. I just plan on using valve 3 to controll my solar. For any of the other valves, it is easy enough to walk over and turn them myself.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!