Looking for reliable, performing AGP cleaning robot

Apr 23, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Can anyone recommend a reliable automatic pool cleaner robot that will work well in a dish bottomed ABG pool that's 16'x32' and 4.5' deep and doesn't break the bank? We really liked the performance of the Aquabot S2-40 when it worked, but clearly there is a quality issue with this model as I've described below. Any suggestions by persons with 1st-hand experience would be greatly appreciated!

BACKGROUND: We purchased a brand new Aquabot Pool Rover S2-40 off Amazon for ~$300 a few months back. From a performance standpoint it worked absolutely great for about 4-5 weeks, with a few exceptions where the cord either got tangled or it got caught up on the steps in my Intex Ultra Frame 16'x32' rectangle pool w/ SWG. Overall though, it kept the pool squeaky clean when it worked. However, about 2 weeks ago it failed; it would run for a few seconds and then stop in the middle of the pool and the transceiver's blue led lights would synchronously flash. I got it RMA'd through the online seller and within a few days had a brand new replacement unit. Immediately, the replacement unit failed with the exact same behavior as the first. I wrote the seller and asked for a full refund which we're in the process of obtaining.

So, where do we go from here? I want my pool to stay as clean as possible but I don't want to spend more than is necessary to do so.

Suggestions? I appreciate everyone's thoughtful insight.

Thanks, Makdaddy. I'm not sure how that product would work with our Intex Ultra Frame pool, though. :|
The Ultra Frame pool does not have a traditional skimmer basket in or on the side of the pool. It has a plastic drain cover that attaches to the pool wall that allows water to flow out of the pool, through it to the outside the pool and into the skimmer basket that is actually attached or, a part of the pump itself. From there the water flows into an inline SWG (again, part of the pump), into the sand filter and back into the pool. This is kind of why I've been looking for a robot, unless of course someone can show me how this unit would work on an Intex Ultra frame?

Again, many thanks for everyone's comments and suggestions. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.