Jacks Magic After Metal Free?

Nov 15, 2007
Quick question. Can you add Jacks Magic Magenta Stuff after you have already added Metal Free?

Did the AA treatment but this time used Metal Free instead of Jacks Magic for the sequesterent. I am not a beginner at this process. This is my fourth time. The first time was a nightmare with an algae bloom that required shocking which brought back the stains. The next two times I used Poly 60, then the AA, and then Jacks Magic. Worked perfectly! This time I couldn't find Jacks Magic locally so I used metal free. Everything went perfectly until the Metal Free. The pool immediately became cloudy as soon as I added the Metal Free. Four days later its still cloudy. This is not an algae cloud. Its more of a blueish white color. I just got some Jacks Magic Magenta and was wondering if I can add it now and if it will clear up what he Metal Free did?

By the way I'm on my second TF-100 kit and the water was perfectly balanced before the AA treatment. Its still balanced except for chlorine. I am keeping the ph down to 7.2. I began adding enough bleach to achieve 2ppm twice a day but it is still being consumed by the AA. This is expected but the cloudiness is bothering me!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.