(Leaving in 4 hrs) Going away for 3 days need advice!

May 28, 2013
Southern PA
So I follow the BBB method. Everything has been good just had a TON of rain in the last week so the Ch keeps dropping off quickly.
We are leaving this afternoon and coming home Sunday night. Last year when we did this my sister didn't deal properly with the pool and it was DARK green when I got home and we ended up just draining and putting it away. I would like to keep it going if possible but I don't trust my sister to put in proper stuff. Do I dump a ton of bleach in and get it super high? Or could I use a 3" chlorinating tablet? My hubby accidently picked that up last year. I have NOTHING to put it in and I think its way to big for my 850-900 gallon kiddie pool. Can I break it and use half of it or less? If I do use it how do I use it? We just have a pump...nothing to put it in.

Advice please! And quickly since I leave in 4 hrs LOL
Thanks SO MUCH!

You can add enough bleach to last for 3 days or you can put a tablet in a floater. You should have a fairly good idea of how much FC you lose per day. So, multiply that by three and add enough bleach to account for that and you should be fine. Three days isn't long.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.