Replace a Fiberstar FS5 light system

Aug 8, 2013
Cheers! I'm new to the forum and I have searched this topic, but did not find what I am needing, which is most likley user error, so any assistance would be helpful. I am moving into a home built in 1996, so I am assuming the pool is the same age. I am having it re-plastered and some additional upgrades made to get it in shape. It has a Fiberstar FS5 light system that does not work. I have not had the opportunity to fully inspect it, but I know it does not work and looks in bad shape. If my connections (elect, etc..) to the system are good (live) and the wiring to the light is OK, is there a replacement suggestion for this light? Honestly, I am not sure how it is suppose to work being fiber optic, unlike a regular wired light. I will also get idea from my pool company, but I want to have some idea what I am talking about before I make a purchase.
Thanks again!!
N.

Welcome to TFP.

The first thing to do is look at the lens and see if it's clear and not full of water. If that's good then the next step is to inspect the light box. If it has power and appears to be in good shape, the lamp may just be blown. If that's the case I'd just replace the lamp.

Basically the way it works is that there is a lens in the pool that the bundle of fibers go into. They ran from there to a light box where the actual light source (lamp) is located. It's usually close to the sub panel. As long as the lens isn't leaking and the fiiber bundle is not severed, they're pretty easy to fix.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.