Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Acid dispenser

1. Back To Top    #1

Acid dispenser

Looking for a way to automate the dispensing of acid in the pool. Seems I have to add HCL 2x a week to keep the pH correct.
    What are the best options?
    24k gal 16x38, spa 7x6, Colorscape Caribbean Blue plaster, Pentair Intelliflow, Hayward jacuzzi air pump, Pentair 520 filter, Raypak 336k cu-ni heater, Aquabot Turbo T... pool remodel finished 8/2012.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Acid dispenser

Hello from another fellow San Jose'ite.

2x a week is rather frequent. Can you post your full test numbers? Which chlorination are you using?
    ~john
    24.5K G, pebble, SuperFlo VS 1.5, 48sq DE filter, Hayward H250FDN, Autopilot RC-52, Poolvergnuegen & 3 daily swimmers in season.

3. Back To Top    #3

Type home made acid injector into forum search bar at top of page it will bring you to a post that has exactly what your looking for
    Nathan
    15x30 gunite 18k gallons Hayward star clear plus 120sqft cart

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by foobert
    Hello from another fellow San Jose'ite.

2x a week is rather frequent. Can you post your full test numbers? Which chlorination are you using?
    I have a liquidator.

After the remodel the pool gets basic rather quickly. I expected to fade with time but it's been a year now.

I mark the gallon acid jug into 6 increments with a sharpie and add 1/2 to 1 mark at a time... so between 645ml and 1300ml at a time, 2x a week.

The pool is crystal clear year round after the remodel!
    24k gal 16x38, spa 7x6, Colorscape Caribbean Blue plaster, Pentair Intelliflow, Hayward jacuzzi air pump, Pentair 520 filter, Raypak 336k cu-ni heater, Aquabot Turbo T... pool remodel finished 8/2012.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyGuy
    Type home made acid injector into forum search bar at top of page it will bring you to a post that has exactly what your looking for
    I'll check it out...thanks