Pool build in Social Circle GA

DADx2

Jul 15, 2012
Atlanta Ga
Started our pool build several months ago. We had to remove several trees and move a moderate amount of dirt. We started with moving our septic tank lines which was much more expensive than we expected. After the lines were moved, we were able to do tree removal and major grading. After the grading, we had to build a retaining wall to hold back the cut the loader made. Due to major expense, we decided to do this ourselves. We were able to build the wall in one day with some help and we are really happy with how it turned out. Once the wall was complete, we had to wait several weeks through the rain for the pool builder to start. Once the pool builder began, we were adding water within 3 days !!! Completely happy with the quality and ability of our pool builder (Earl Vaughn Concrete, Covington GA). His work ethic, and integrity is second to none !!!

Here are some specs of our pool: 18x36 vinyl IG, 2ft radius corners, 8.5 deep end, 3.5 shallow, Astral XV SWG, Heyward Tri Star 1hp pump, 2 Heyward skimmers, Heyward dual main drains, Heyward Colorlogic LED light fixture, Findlay 30mil Vinyl liner, 3 return jets, and a 3 seat jacuzzi step/jet step assembly.

Thank you for fixing the links Butterfly !

Thank you Yip, we sure hope to be having fun soon. This whole process is taking a little longer than we hoped. The rainy summer has really messed up scheduling.

Oh yes, the red dirt/mud !!! It is finding its way into the house quite frequently...

I am going to simply grass seed the area above the wall for now. After this hemorrhage of money this year, Next year we would like to paverstone that area, and maybe build an outdoor kitchen with a pergola (sp?). As far as around the pool, it will be a stamped concrete pool deck but leaving a few feet along the retaining wall for a planter area. Also when the pool deck is poured, there will be steps made into the corner of the retaining wall.

We have been waiting on concrete for a week now, but the rain chances are keeping the concrete guy from pouring. He's apprehensive about starting the pour, and rain come and mess it up. The forecast looks like it will be "at least" a week before he can consider pouring, that's if the muddy mess has dried up. In the meantime, I am going to try to get the pool chemistry correct. Ordered TF100 test kit last night !

Concrete was poured/stained/stamped yesterday. A crazy dusty mess is now in the water. The responsibility of the pool builder is now complete and it is time for me to take over. Here is what's next... put the TF100 to use and get the water right, work on the landscaping, and figure out what we are going to do about a fence.

I hate to admit it but I totally missed this build last year! Now I have to say how beautiful it all turned out! Congratulations! I hope you and your family have a wonderful summer with your gorgeous pool! :sun::snorkle:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.