Hayward super pump and Hayward aqua plus

Sep 12, 2012
I have the variable speed hayward super pump and the Hayward aqua plus control system. I can't seem to get my settings right so that my pump run times and pump speeds are automated through the timer settings.

I can get the pump to go from completely off to on with a timer setting but can't get the pump to change speeds with a different timer setting.

Also in the setup configuration it has it set as a 1 speed filter pump, and when I change it o variable speed it gives a communication error. Is my equipment hooked up right by pool builder?

Any help is appreciated.

Unfortunately Hayward decided to not have the same communication cable that the Ecostar uses on the newer smaller VS pumps. So, none of their automation systems are able to change the speed of the pump. The best you can do is on/off and use the pump timer to change speeds.

Kind of a bummer and after recently learning this, makes me glad I got a 2 speed pump before these new small Hayward VS pumps were available, or I might have the same problem. They seem to have dropped the ball on this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.