Green now cloudy and won't budge

Great to see a good CYA! Long story short: lower your pH to 7.2, then raise your FC to 22. Test your FC and CC every hour or two (you don't have to worry about the other tests during a SLAM) and add enough chlorine to raise your FC back to 22. Keep it at this level until: 1. Your CC is less than .5, 2. Your water is clear, 3. You pass an OCLT (instructions in the pool school). After all 3 are passed you can let your FC drop back to normal level for your CYA. Once it has you can run all the tests again and tweak as needed.

Sound good?

It is but just need clarification.

So once I get FC up to shock level will it stay there or will I have to keep adding a bunch of bleach daily or multiple times a day to keep it high?
Just need to know how much bleach I need to have.

Ericstac said:
It is but just need clarification.

So once I get FC up to shock level will it stay there or will I have to keep adding a bunch of bleach daily or multiple times a day to keep it high?
Just need to know how much bleach I need to have.

It won't stay there on its own. The sun will burn it out and if you still have algae it will also cause the FC to drop as you kill it. Plan on checking it every hour or two and adjusting your FC to maintain the shock level. Read the SLAM procedure and OCLT procedure in pool school for all the details.

I got the PH down to 7.2 and then raised the FC to 21 that night. Then my mom had issues with my father so I had to go and get him and bring him to my house for the night. He has ALS and is getting pretty bad so I couldn't deal with the pool. He is back with my mom so I'm stopping by the store and buying a ton of bleach and will start tonight again.

It did clear up a little from that one initial shock. Hopefully the next few days we will be all set. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow.. all I can say is thanks to everyone. the kids are swimming right now.

lets see if I can remember.. Yall told me to SLAM.. It was confusing but I basically got the levels to about 22 and then couldn't do anything for a couple days.

When I could get to it I retested, brought the PH down a little and increased the FC again to 22. It turned everything a cloudy white, I had to leave it again and this time it cleared to nearly clear but I could see green patchy areas on the floor along with a pile of leaves in the center.. I scooped what I could and then shocked again followed by brushing. It turned cloudy, next day about 24 hours later I retested FC and raised it back to 22. waited three days and it turned crystal clear. Its been clear for the last 3-5 days and even through rain it stayed clear. very happy.

Finally let the boys into the pool today and the oldest netted all the debris off the bottom of the pool.

I am so happy I decided to come back and post here! :) dang pool co. :(

there is still some debris floating around that they are trying to get with the net. Its not back its just like dirt or small pieces of leaves and stuff. some is so small it goes through the net. Anything TFP magic to clear this up ???

1zmf0p4.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.