Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin Supreme M4.... floor only cleaning?

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin Supreme M4.... floor only cleaning?

Can the M4 be set/adjusted to clean the floor only or will it continually try to climb the walls? Would seem like a waste of time to always clean the walls.
    21K IG Vinyl; Hayward Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin Supreme M4.... floor only cleaning?

Yes the M4 can be set to clean the floor only. Only problem is you need the remote to do it. Otherwise it operates the default setting of floor and walls. The M4 doesn't come standard with the remote but my dealer offers it as a $200. option. That brought the M4 up to the same price as the M5 which I ended up getting.
    17x37 IG vinyl, Grecian style, 20k gal, Hayward DE4800, Hayward Super Pump II 1 hp, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator, 6 Vortex 4x10 solar panels, Aquabot Turbo, Dolphin M5, loop-loc mesh cover

3. Back To Top    #3

That seems like a waste. M3 anyone?
    21K IG Vinyl; Hayward Sand Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

I can only tell you what I know from researching cleaners before purchasing my M5 being that I don't own an M3. It looks like a decent cleaner. It does floor and walls but does not do water line. Like the M4 in can only run in default mode which is floor and walls. It does not have the 3rd roller so it looks like a likely candidate to get stuck on the bottom drain. Only an M3 owner with a bottom drain can tell for sure but all my Aquabots got stuck on the bottom drain.
    17x37 IG vinyl, Grecian style, 20k gal, Hayward DE4800, Hayward Super Pump II 1 hp, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator, 6 Vortex 4x10 solar panels, Aquabot Turbo, Dolphin M5, loop-loc mesh cover