Need a Frog repellant

Jun 14, 2010
Alabama
Yes, frogs. With all of the rain we have been having there have been multiple hatchings somewhere around my yard. I don't have standing water anywhere but they are everywhere. Usually in the morning there will be 30-50 small baby frogs in the pool, some dead, some alive. Same thing in the evening when I come home.

I need something that will keep them at bay in the yard. I have read about spraying distilled vinegar on the area around the pool but we seem to get rain almost daily and it would wash off. Snake repellant, or moth balls, would not be pleasant to smell when we are outside. I also read about spraying them with Citric acid and other things that will kill them. I would rather not kill them as they eat pests.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Second the critter skimmer!! I have had them for 3 months and have not seen a frog in my pool. Prior to the critter skimmer we would find 1-2 dead or dying frogs per day. I was skeptical and thought this was a gimmick but they do what they are advertised to do. I have an infinity edge pool and also bought a Frog Log for the basin. Again no dead frogs! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.