Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need a Frog repellant

1. Back To Top    #1

Need a Frog repellant

Yes, frogs. With all of the rain we have been having there have been multiple hatchings somewhere around my yard. I don't have standing water anywhere but they are everywhere. Usually in the morning there will be 30-50 small baby frogs in the pool, some dead, some alive. Same thing in the evening when I come home.

I need something that will keep them at bay in the yard. I have read about spraying distilled vinegar on the area around the pool but we seem to get rain almost daily and it would wash off. Snake repellant, or moth balls, would not be pleasant to smell when we are outside. I also read about spraying them with Citric acid and other things that will kill them. I would rather not kill them as they eat pests.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Need a Frog repellant

You might want to look into theCritter Skimmer.

At least it will avoid the dead frogs and let the ones in the skimmer get out.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Need a Frog repellant

Second the critter skimmer!! I have had them for 3 months and have not seen a frog in my pool. Prior to the critter skimmer we would find 1-2 dead or dying frogs per day. I was skeptical and thought this was a gimmick but they do what they are advertised to do. I have an infinity edge pool and also bought a Frog Log for the basin. Again no dead frogs!
    20k gal. plaster pool with infinity edge, Pentair CCP 420 filter, IC 40 SWG, InteliFlow 3hp VS pump, Pentair EasyTouch control panel, Screen Logic iPhone controller, Polaris cleaner, "Critter Skimmer" skimmer covers