Hilarious article BASHING salt water pools

Yeah, right. In the first couple of paragraphs it was clear they slanted the story in order to sell their ionizer products.

Marketers. Gotta love them with their half thruths and almost fibs.

Of course, the uneducated general public won't take the time to do their own research and learn until they have problems with their pools and/or people are constantly getting sick after swimming.

Can you say green hair and stains?

This may be a good place for the new guy to ask one of his many questions...

I'm building a small (less than 2000 gallons) pool for my dogs and will need to backflush as necessary into my yard. Is there actually any affect to vegetation from pool water? What if it's a pool with a SWG? If there are negative side effects to plants from backflushing pool water, would it help if I backflush during rain showers to dilute the pool water?

Thanks!

bob2112 said:
This may be a good place for the new guy to ask one of his many questions...

I'm building a small (less than 2000 gallons) pool for my dogs and will need to backflush as necessary into my yard. Is there actually any affect to vegetation from pool water? What if it's a pool with a SWG? If there are negative side effects to plants from backflushing pool water, would it help if I backflush during rain showers to dilute the pool water?

Thanks!

I have a DE bump filter. When it's time to change the DE, you bump the handle, open the waste valve and run water out to purge the DE. I run it right out into the yard. I have never had a problem with either the chlorine or the DE. The grass doesn't seem to mind.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The salt level in a swg pool is about the same as the salt content of human tears. We have not had any reports from anyone stating plants in the yard have died from the salt content of pool water drained into their yard.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.