Pool balance questions

Hi
I'm new here and have a few questions. My pool is a 15 foot round above ground, with a 100 hp sand filter pump. It was installed end of last week. I was given test strips, chemicals, and they shocked the pool to open it.

I tested the water yesterday and the FC turned brown. It should've been some shade of pink, but there's nothing to match the brown so I don't know where I stand on FC. Does that mean my chlorine is too high? I'm using 3" tablets and I think there are 5 of them in the inline dispenser.

The bromine is low, the ph is low. I asked the installers how many gallons of water were in my pool and I was told 50 gallons by one and somebody else said between 75- 80. It's 54" deep and 15 feet round. How many gallons would that be. I tried yo use ph rise last night. The bottle said for 75 gallons to add 32 oz so I did. That was more than half of the bottle!

What do I need to do to get it balanced?

Thank you!

Welcome to TFP!

Brown normally means higher chlorine, but without knowing the particular product, I can't be sure.

A 15ft pool probably holds 4000-6000 gallons, depending on the depth.

You need to check out Pool School to start learning what you need to know, then ask questions and we'll get you going.

Welcome to the forum, glad you came by.

John T is dead on with his calculation of your pool volume. 5,984 gallons to be precise. That is with the assumption your water is 54" deep. Whoever told you those volumes should not be saying anything about pool volumes to anyone. :mrgreen:

What sort of test kit do you have? In order to help you balance, we need a good set of numbers to give you the right advice. Sorry not to offer more at the moment, but we really need that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.