Hayward skimmer Self adjusting water level mod

yister

Jul 26, 2012
Installed the haywaed skimmer, but wanted higher water level. Didn't want to try installing it over the seam line, so came up with this. Some after market(not intex) skimmer barrel.
P1010223.jpg

P1010222.jpg

P1010224.jpg

Interesting idea, good thinking!
Does it catch junk without bypassing?

Oh, are you not using the weir door?
Pretty important, in that they reduce vortexing, causing air to enter the system.

I'm not seeing the seam you speak of, am I missing it in the photos?
I know our Intex doesn't have a horizontal seam except right at the edge, so high it wouldn't effect knocking out a hole for an agp skimmer.

Thanks, the floater works kinda like the weir door. It bounces around in the round grove of the skimmer eliminating the whirlpool/vortex. It does catch everything from the surface of the water like the intex one. Can't tell from the pic, but the basket is underneat the floater. It's like a Hayward/Intex hybrid. The seam I mentioned is where the blue tile print meets the grey part of the liner, I'm sure it would've been alright.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.