Just did a test

FC 4
Cc 0
TC 4
Ph 7.5
TA 110
Ch 220
Cya 65

I'm using the TF 100 kit. The reason why I ask is because when I did the 5 drop test with the R600 it showed about 1 in chlorine but the R870 test tells me it's at 4?

Trust the FAS-DPD. Too hard to actually distinguish the shades of yellow.

CYA is a little on the high side, but livable ... although with that CYA, your minimum FC level is 5ppm.

I would trust the numbers obtained with the R-870 powder (FAS-DPD). Just to be clear, when you say you got an FC reading of 4 using the FAS-DPD, you first added the R-870 powder to the sample and then added 8 drops of the R-871 get the sample to turn clear to arrive at FC of 4, right?

BoDarville said:
I would trust the numbers obtained with the R-870 powder (FAS-DPD). Just to be clear, when you say you got an FC reading of 4 using the FAS-DPD, you first added the R-870 powder to the sample and then added 8 drops of the R-871 get the sample to turn clear to arrive at FC of 4, right?

Yes FC was 1/2 of 8

jblizzle said:
Trust the FAS-DPD. Too hard to actually distinguish the shades of yellow.

CYA is a little on the high side, but livable ... although with that CYA, your minimum FC level is 5ppm.

Pool school says 30-50 and TF testers says 30-80. Which one to follow?

Your other numbers look fine. Just keep an eye on CH. It is borderline low for a plaster pool. However, since CH often increases due to water evaporation and top-off, it may come up on its own through regular top-offs (water evaporates, but calcium does not). Probably worth your while to check your fill water CH level. If there are noticeable fill water levels of CH, CH levels in the pool will go up any time you add water to replace evaporation. However, if the CH level drops from current levels, I would increase it to around 250 ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.