Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pre or Post 94 American Titan Filter - How do you know?

1. Back To Top    #1

Dallas, TX

Pre or Post 94 American Titan Filter - How do you know?

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this board and was hoping someone might be able to help me out. I have an American Titan Stainless Steel D.E. Filter for my inground pool. The Tension Control (I think that's what it's called), the piece that holds the top of the filter to the bottom and wraps around it, is broken and I need to get a new one. My problem is I can't tell whether I have a pre 1994 or post 1994 filter. All the websites that have the part I need have two versions of it. Does anyone have this type of filter? I was hoping someone might know where I can look it up by serial number or model number. I've done searches and can't find any information on how to tell. Can anyone recommend a website or provide any other advice?

Thank You!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    New Orleans, LA
    American Products is now owned by Pentair. Someone in the Pentair tech support department hopefully can help you with this one. Their contact info can be found at

Josh Ulfers - TFP Supporting Vendor - - 888-725-8766 - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps