EZ pool vs Chlorine

The problem is in order to maintain a balanced pool you really need to test at least 2 or 3 times per week, and that is even once you know the way your pool tends to trend. Testing and adjusting chemical levels once per week or less means it is constantly in a state of being on the edge of everything tumbling down, levels are either too high or too low, and this is not just free chlorine, but often also pH, CC, etc. causing stinging eyes, constantly cloudy water, etc. Think of it sort of like jugglers spinning plates on sticks, the more plates they add (the longer you go between testing) the more wobbly the plates get before they get back to giving them a boost and the more likely everything is going to come tumbling down.

Ike

duraleigh said:
I'm gonna sound very sarcastic (and don't mean to) but why in the world would you be considering "hanging on" to any portion of your pool water management that gives you this result?...
Let me just say we've had the WORST time with this stuff. Our water has been green or cloudy almost all year. We had a "professional" pool company come test our pool and tell us what to do...they've been out like times and couldn't figure it out.
It will be pretty close to impossible to give you a cost comparison because few of us use the stuff you are using.

The forum teaches not so much how to save money but to understand and manage your own pool water so you can use your pool instead of looking at a murky mess.

Only you can decide if that is worth your time.

I have to second Dave on this.

WHY in the world would you hang on with anything that gave you these experiences? Testing isn't hard, it doesn't take long even a few times a week, but it gives you superb control of your pool. Above all, that proper control gives you a SAFE swimming environment.

Throwing away the nature 2 system will save you money overall. Using it will eventually cost you big time.

Without a proper test kit, you will NEVER know what is really going on. The pool store, and cheap (or even expensive) services won't give accurate results or advice. Because most often they don't really understand what's going on.

BBB doesn't involve endless testing (although you first need to familiarize yourself with the test and how your pool acts/reacts), once you have thoroughly educated yourself in pool maintenance it will take significantly less time than you spend consulting with people giving bad advice.

I haven't done a full test in a few weeks, I've skipped testing FC for the last 4-5 days since I have the solar cover on and I know how my pool acts. I test pH every other week, FC is probably 3 times a week at most (I'm dosing daily by estimate and confirming with a test if I'm unsure). CYA, TA and CH I test about once a month.

I test the FC each day. I did it this morning. I used the test block, got the water from in front of the running return, added 5 drops OTO, read a 2FC, added about 60 oz of 10% to my PoolSkim vortex. Done for the day. It took me nearly as long to type this message as it took me to test my pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.