Did this slit happen naturally?

It could be related to the seam somehow. If the liner material overlaps the seam by the 1.5 inches on the other side. It could of happen from a toe nail or a toy in the pool. Why would you think that it was done intentionally? I would guess that vandals would of made a slit in the side of the pool.

I guess it really doesn't matter how it got there, but we have a troubled teen next door that we've been watching out for this type of thing. We haven't used the pool at all this year for a few reasons so it either happened on it's own, or something did it.

Thanks everybody.

Those look like claw marks above & to the left of the horizontal slice. They're mostly white in appearance, then an actual penetration line in the center of each mark that's black.

There's some to the upper right, but hard to make out what those are. I'd almost go witch chemical bleaching from powders, or possibly tiny marks like those to the left.

What are these?

surface reflection only. We've never used any powder of any kind in the pool except for borax through the skimmer. I put some saran wrap down and then put a bowling ball on top of it and has stopped the leak. The cut is the horizontal black line

I think I'd send the pic to the mfg and see what they say. You may not get much off but I'd see what they'd offer and compare it to what you can buy the liner online for.

If they did offer a fairly good deal, you could patch the one you have and store the new one until you're ready to change it out.

Really?! You think they'd give me something after 7 years? Man anything would be great at this point I feel. I found a pool leak detection fellow that serves the Denver area. He really knows his stuff. He did some type of reinforcement of the slit before he put the patch on. It was along the seam, but he said the liner is still in great shape and I should get several more years out of it if I want to. Not sure how I feel about that though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.