Confused about amount of bleach

Mar 22, 2008
Okay there is something wrong with my calculations and I cannot figure this out for the life of me. I have been testing very frequently to try to understand my pool trends so I can manage it easier.

Every night at 9:00PM I have been checking it, last night was 3.5pp FC according to Pool Calc I would need 112oz 6% bleach to bring to 8ppm. Add it, test an hour later and it is 6ppm. Hmmm, weird, check pool calc and now add 50oz, check an hour later, up to 8.5ppm, so we are good.

Same exact thing tonight happens with almost identical readings, so it is good that I am getting same readings as far as tracking trends by why is the amount of bleach that I am supposed to add wrong?

Right now:
FC 8
CC 0
pH 7.5
TA 100
CYA 35

nitz369 said:
Okay there is something wrong with my calculations and I cannot figure this out for the life of me. I have been testing very frequently to try to understand my pool trends so I can manage it easier.

Every night at 9:00PM I have been checking it, last night was 3.5pp FC according to Pool Calc I would need 112oz 6% bleach to bring to 8ppm. Add it, test an hour later and it is 6ppm. Hmmm, weird, check pool calc and now add 50oz, check an hour later, up to 8.5ppm, so we are good.

Same exact thing tonight happens with almost identical readings, so it is good that I am getting same readings as far as tracking trends by why is the amount of bleach that I am supposed to add wrong?

Right now:
FC 8
CC 0
pH 7.5
TA 100
CYA 35

1. You have calculated the size of your pool incorrectly.

2. If it's not #1, then you have organics in your water that are consuming the chlorine or...

3. Bleach has lost it's strength

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.