Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Give your opinion on ScreenLogic2...

1. Back To Top    #1

Give your opinion on ScreenLogic2...

I'm about at my breaking point in regards to waiting for Autelis to restock and start selling again. I really want to wait, but not getting any good answers from Autelis. Maybe it's just vaporware now, never to be seen again?

My backup choice is going with Pentairs ScreenLogic2. What am I missing if I go with this and not the Autelis? What am I gaining, if anything?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Give your opinion on ScreenLogic2...

screenlogic is amazing. it really shines if you have an intellichem and variable speed pump. see ph levels, orp, salt. adjust color changing modes on the lights. adjust pump speed, etc. it really is plug and play. and with the new iPhone/android app and revision 713, it is rock solid. I have about 100 customers on it, and it really works well.

tony c
    monogram custom pools
    Owner of Monogram Custom Pools in NE PA. My Personal Pool - 1000sf gunite pebble pool with 1500 gallon spa/grotto and 500 gallon outdoor spa; Pentair i9 Intellitouch with i10x expansion panel. Screenlogic 2/iPhone
    Intelloflo SVRS main pump, 6 whisperflow pumps 2hp to 3hp, Intellichem system, ic60 salt water cell, Sta rite 400k btu heater, Pentair 120k btu heat pump

3. Back To Top    #3

No Intellichem or at least not yet, but do have the VF pump.

I'm really looking to turn my stuff on and off with my iPhone. Everything additional to that is a plus.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    No Intellichem or at least not yet, but do have the VF pump.

I'm really looking to turn my stuff on and off with my iPhone. Everything additional to that is a plus.
    ScreenLogic 2 will certainly do that, as it has long supported the iPhone. Pentair has been putting quite a bit of work into SL2, and now apparently also has Android support, which is great to see. I'm not sure if they have worked out the bugs with their relay server, which has caused downtime for SL2 users. It might be worth checking their forum on automation on PoolFYI.com to see how things are progressing.
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.

5. Back To Top    #5

pentair's relay server was certainly a headache last year when homelogic (elan) was in charge of it. Pentair now has full control of their own dedicated relay server and since they've switched it over, we haven't had one issue with the server not found.

it really has become rock solid. the android app adds some other cool features too.

tony c
    monogram custom pools.
    Owner of Monogram Custom Pools in NE PA. My Personal Pool - 1000sf gunite pebble pool with 1500 gallon spa/grotto and 500 gallon outdoor spa; Pentair i9 Intellitouch with i10x expansion panel. Screenlogic 2/iPhone
    Intelloflo SVRS main pump, 6 whisperflow pumps 2hp to 3hp, Intellichem system, ic60 salt water cell, Sta rite 400k btu heater, Pentair 120k btu heat pump

6. Back To Top    #6

I have been using it for 2 months and love it. The tech support is very good.
    20k gal. plaster pool with infinity edge, Pentair CCP 420 filter, IC 40 SWG, InteliFlow 3hp VS pump, Pentair EasyTouch control panel, Screen Logic iPhone controller, Polaris cleaner, "Critter Skimmer" skimmer covers

7. Back To Top    #7

I did a self install hooking to my EasyTouch8 and it was a snap. I used the hard wired version since I was close to my router in my garage. Have only had one issue where I had to reset the screenlogic device. Other than that it has worked flawless. I really appreciate the ability to make changes to my schedule from my PC. I am SURE it is saving me energy.
    45' x 65" Rectangle, 85,000 gallons, marcite, 3 - 2hp Pentairs, sand, AutoPilot Professional 4 cells, Aquacheck Digital Reader, Aquachek Salt Water Chlorine Generator Test Strips (amazon has best price for 40 count!)

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for all the great reviews.

I'm holding out hope that Autelis gets straightened out, but another part of me says it may be miserable getting support in the future...