Easy Touch temperature sensor

Dan-H

LifeTime Supporter
May 28, 2011
No. CA
My Easy Touch is about 2 years old. The OEM water sensor went bad in March.

I replaced it with an aftermarket versions (Optimum Pool Technologies) and replaced it in March, and the replacement failed a couple of days ago.

The air sensor is still accurate and the on-roof solar sensor seems to still be working.

Luckily, I ordered two to have a spare, but after installing it, I'm wondering, are these sensors problematic? or am I having bad luck? or could something be wonky with my install? or ... ?

Have no idea if blakeusa's answer is correct (seems plausible), but I experienced the same phenomena. I have all Pentair equipment - air and solar still working after 3 years - water sensor near pump failed after 2. My pool install has reasonably simple plumbing - usually running the VS 3050 @ 900 RPM, stepping up to 1350 RPM when the solar is demanded (only spring and fall here in Florida).

They fail to report temperature accurately. Not sure exactly how they fail since I haven't taken one apart.

First failure reported the pool to be a steamy 105 F in march.

Second failure reported the pool to be a tepid 70 in July when it was 85F

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.