The process of lowering TA

Jimchap said:
Five days ago, my TA was 240 and Ph was 7.0. I couldn't drive the TA down without driving down the Ph, and couldn't increase the Ph without driving up the TA. 24K gallon plaster pool wouldn't hold a chlorine level and green algae was sprouting. Reading about aeration on the Web, I purchased a Rigid brand vacuum (because I read it has a life-time motor guarantee) at Home Depot, 6.5 hp with blower attachment ($120), and aerated the pool during the day, and added one gallon of Muriatic acid ($8/gal at hardware store) in columns in still water each night. TA came down 20 -30 each day. Ph went to 7.0 after each acid treatment but came up to about 7.3 each day after aeration. I strapped the blower to a heavy umbrella stand and tied the air hose to a board sticking out several feet into the pool, with a divers' weight belt strapped to the air hose; its almost too powerful. Water is splashing everywhere. Also ran the attached spa in fill mode with drain closed and jets on, so it overflows into the pool. I've been running the spa and blower each day. Now TA is down to 120 and the Ph is about 7.4. The aeration process works like magic to raise Ph, it just takes a little time.

Now there is someone determined to aerate! I love your story and also want to say thanks for sharing it. Very cool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.