Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PB didn't tell us to water gunite!

1. Back To Top    #1

PB didn't tell us to water gunite!

So they shot the gunite last Thursday, and today I just happened to read on the internet that gunite needs daily watering. Supervisor never told us. when I contacted him he said he thought he told us to water it. He didnt. It's also not mentioned in contract. He told me to start watering twice a day and everything should be fine. This supervisor guy has been a less than steller so I'm not feeling fine about the situation. The temp has been 100+ everyday and the pool is in full sun most of the day.

Should I be worried? What should I look for if there is a problem? I did notice one 2-3" crack on floor in shallow end but thats about it. Thx
    19,700 gallons non SWG
    Pentair DE quad 100 filter
    Auto chlorinator and nature 2
    Inground pebble
    Intelliflo variable speed 3 HP pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: PB didn't tell us to water gunite!

Weather you should be worried or not is difficult or impossible to tell. You keep the gunite wet so it "drys" or cures as slowly as you can get it to do so. The first few days are the most important. If you see a crack you should point it out to the PB. You shouldn't be having cracks. If its a hairline surface crack I would not worry. I would still point it out to the PB. Slower cure stronger pool shell.

You can't overwater the pool in the first week or so
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

What the difference between a hair line surface crack and something that's a problem?
    19,700 gallons non SWG
    Pentair DE quad 100 filter
    Auto chlorinator and nature 2
    Inground pebble
    Intelliflo variable speed 3 HP pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Depth of the crack. Hairline to me would indicate that it's very shallow.
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]