So, the kids and I left for a week and hubby didn't add bleach as needed... We had algae and I shocked it 5 days ago. The water looked clear until the kids got in today (first time since shocking) and then it changed to cloudy - stirred up stuff on the bottom no doubt. I need to buy a scrub brush and really scrub, since there was still some residual "green" on one corner of the pool that the vacuum wouldn't suck up.
Anyways, today the numbers today are:
CYA - 40
FC - 7.6 (use the Taylor kit and it took 38 drops to turn from pink to clear. 1 drop=.2ppm.)
CC - .8
PH - 7.4
Alk - 110
Ca hardness (did I need this one?) - 70
These numbers look ok except for the chlorine, right? Chlorine is still too high. And today for the first time we skimmed out 2 large water bugs - I guess the back-skimmer variety? I saw them both fly into the pool and then start swimming. Is that just a coincidence or is the green that is stuck to the sides attracting them. I figured with chlorine levels like that nothing could be growing. Am I way off.