need new equipment and in need of advice.

Aug 5, 2013
I just bought a repo home from a flipper. He put craigslist equipment on the pool in order to sell it. the original equipment was stolen. The filter is way undersized and has a blow by issue. I'm live in the mountains outside Yosemite so leafs dust and dirt are a big issue. I will be purchasing a very large DE filter. Most likely either the Hayward progrid 72 or the Pentair FNS 60. Rotary or pull back wash valve?
The pool is about 28,000 gal with 2 sheer descents and no spa with 2" plumbing.
I'm looking to replace the pump as well. the current one leaks and cavitates. There is a lot of hype of pumps. Both Pentair and Hayward have so many the choice is staggering. Even if one considers only the VS pumps. :shock: Any advice?

I'm also leaning toward a SWC but again the choices are staggering.

Who is the best online retailer for prices?
Thanks for the advice.
Bob

Welcome to tfp, scratchnbell :wave:

For your size pool, we recommend a minimum of 78 sq. ft. DE filter. The Multiport style (I think that is what you mean by rotory) allows for more circulation options than the push/pulls.

scratchnbell said:
I'm looking to replace the pump as well. the current one leaks and cavitates. There is a lot of hype of pumps. Both Pentair and Hayward have so many the choice is staggering. Even if one considers only the VS pumps. :shock: Any advice?
We will need some more details like any high volume water features and some plumbing details (number of runs and diameter).

All plumbing is 2 inch. The longest run is 40 feet. There are 3 suction lines. One for the skimmer, one for the pool cleaner and one for the slip drains.
There are 4 return lines. One for splits to 3 return nozzles, one each for two 24 inch sheer descents, and one for the stolen slide.

If i can get some recommendations for a vendor i can order the filter and continue to research the pump. The pump works. The filter is not working at all.
Thanks
Bob

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.