Do I take down Pool Frame?

Jul 22, 2013
Could not decide where to post this question? First time pool owner, I live in the High Desert of Arizona @ 3800 ft. elevation. 15' x 48" Intex AG Metal Frame Pool. I got it late in the season. Water temps range around 84 degrees. Temps are ranging around 95 degrees. So now you know about me, my question is do I need to fully drain this pool and completely take the frame down. Our winters are generally mil but we have had 20 degree nights on occasion. The reason why am asking is because I don't really know what to do with the landscaping around it. If I am going to be taking it down every year I don't want to have to ruin a good landscape. Thanks in advance Kim
I have tried to find this answer but came seem to come across a specific answer for my climate.
:blah:

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I think most pool owers around here do not take the pools down for the winter. But, that means you need to still maintain the chemistry over the winter to prevent the pool from turning green ... although when the water is colder, less chlorine is required.

On the few nights when the temperature drops well below freezing, you will just want to keep the pump running to prevent any freezing inside your pipes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.