Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Do I take down Pool Frame?

1. Back To Top    #1

Do I take down Pool Frame?

Could not decide where to post this question? First time pool owner, I live in the High Desert of Arizona @ 3800 ft. elevation. 15' x 48" Intex AG Metal Frame Pool. I got it late in the season. Water temps range around 84 degrees. Temps are ranging around 95 degrees. So now you know about me, my question is do I need to fully drain this pool and completely take the frame down. Our winters are generally mil but we have had 20 degree nights on occasion. The reason why am asking is because I don't really know what to do with the landscaping around it. If I am going to be taking it down every year I don't want to have to ruin a good landscape. Thanks in advance Kim
    I have tried to find this answer but came seem to come across a specific answer for my climate.
    Intex AG 15' x 48" Round
    Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump 1000 gph
    Built July 2013

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Do I take down Pool Frame?

Welcome to TFP!!!

I think most pool owers around here do not take the pools down for the winter. But, that means you need to still maintain the chemistry over the winter to prevent the pool from turning green ... although when the water is colder, less chlorine is required.

On the few nights when the temperature drops well below freezing, you will just want to keep the pump running to prevent any freezing inside your pipes.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!