Pebble Sheen Pool Startup

Aug 5, 2013
Split from pebble-sheen-pool-startup-t65770.html Please start your own thread when you have questions. :wink: Butterfly

i have a somewhat similar problem. our sheen is going on today 8/5, the acid wash tomorrow. so at 35k gallons it will take 2 days to fill ...and we'll get on the chemistry 8/8 to8/11.

The paver deck is mostly finished (long story) a few cuts left and vibrating/grout still to do. Safety cover hydramatic goes in on 8/12. How long should i wait until i ok the paver contractor back on site. the summer rush has made it hard to rely on him. Should i wait a month until sheen is fully cured? so the vibrating doesnt screw up the coating? or just cover the pool to keep dust out.

Also my husband (the chemist) will travel for three days 8/12-14. Should i just leave the cover closed during those three days to avoid letting dust in? in Cali this will make the pool warmer. and hope the chemistry doesn't go astray in 3 days?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Were you given a sheet by the pebble installer on how to start-up the pool water? Or did you have to hire a company to do the initial maintenance (they told me I had to)?

I do not think the vibrating will affect the pool surface. Closing the cover to keep any dust out could help, but you need to ensure you are maintaining the chemistry properly ... especially when the surface is new ... I think 3 days is too much time to ignore it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.